Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
If you haven’t joined within the twenty third annual Great American Cleanup but, there may be nonetheless time to become involved. Taking place by June 20, Keep America Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup invitations everybody to hitch the spring cleansing motion and contribute to cleaner communities throughout the nation.
Ready to assist preserve clear, inexperienced, and exquisite areas? Here are just some of the numerous methods you’ll be able to nonetheless become involved.
- Sign up to volunteer at your native Great American Cleanup occasion or, higher but, host your individual.
- Set a objective to select up litter for at the very least quarter-hour every day for one month. Be positive to comply with native well being pointers.
- Join Keep America Beautiful’s 152 Challenge and decide up 152 items of litter. Why 152? According to KAB’s 2020 National Litter Study, if everybody made the person motion of selecting up 152 items of litter (abruptly) there can be no litter on the bottom except somebody littered once more. Share your expertise on social media: tag Keep America Beautiful and embody #152AndYou.
- Go plogging. Plogging combines jogging with picking up litter, providing train advantages whereas supporting your group and the surroundings.
- Teach kids to correctly dispose and recycle with fun activities and Waste in Place lessons.
Visit Keep America Beautiful for the complete listing of 21 ways to get involved within the Great American Cleanup.
Although the Great American Cleanup ends on June 20 this yr, retaining America — and planet Earth — lovely is a year-round job. So, sustain the nice work even after this yr’s Great American Cleanup is over.
Featured picture courtesy of leovalente, Pixabay