Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
Transforming your physique care merchandise from dangerous to selfmade doesn’t have to break the bank or take hours of your time. These easy pure skincare recipes are made from components simply present in most pantries, and they’ll readily substitute your favourite store-bought merchandise. You’ll by no means miss their questionable components, dangerous chemical compounds, or plastic containers — promise!
Coconut Oil Eye Makeup Remover
A pea-sized dollop of coconut oil is all you have to take away eye make-up on the finish of a protracted day. Simply heat it within the palm of your palms after which gently apply it to the attention space along with your fingertips. Massage it in and wipe it off with a tender fabric.
Simple Face Scrub
Unassuming superstars baking soda and water be a part of forces to create a softly exfoliating scrub for clean, dewy pores and skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with slightly heat water to create a paste.
- Gently therapeutic massage combination into the pores and skin of your face, avoiding the fragile pores and skin across the eyes.
- Rinse with heat water and pat dry with a tender towel.
I’m nicely conscious of how unconventional this shampoo/conditioner duo sounds, however droop your disbelief and simply attempt it, OK?
- Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with 1 cup heat water.
- Pour by way of moist hair and therapeutic massage into the scalp.
- Rinse nicely.
- Mix 1–2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice with 1 cup heat water.
- Pour by way of hair and depart to set for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse nicely.
Note: If you reside in an space with laborious water it’s possible you’ll have to boil the water for a couple of minutes earlier than mixing the options as a way to take away extra mineral content material. I do it, and it’s not practically as onerous because it sounds.
This homemade body lotion recipe comes from Annalea Magana, and at a whopping three components, is essentially the most difficult of the bunch. Who knew you could possibly create a wealthy, creamy lotion with simply olive oil, water, beeswax, and a blender?
Here’s the way you make it:
- Grate 3 tablespoons of beeswax and mix it with 3/4 cup olive oil in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low warmth till the beeswax dissolves.
- Add 1 cup of water to a blender, flip it on to a medium setting after which slowly add the olive oil/beeswax combine. Adding oil to water excruciatingly slowly permits it to emulsify and thicken right into a wealthy lotion you’ll love.
- Transfer the lotion right into a sterile glass jar and stir in any important oils you wish to add for perfume.
This lotion is incredible for dry winter skin. It retains for about three months.
Sometimes, we overcomplicate life. Instead of spending our money and time in search of out the newest store-bought potions loaded with thriller components, we are able to get tender pores and skin, shiny hair, and radiant complexions with easy, pure components — for a fraction of the price.
Feature picture courtesy of Pimthida
Editor’s observe: Originally revealed on November 17, 2014, this text was up to date in October 2018.