Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
Elizabeth Warren, Fridays for Future, and main local weather activists be part of Earth Day Initiative for the battle towards local weather change
NEW YORK, NY: Earth Day Initiative (EDI) in partnership with March for Science NYC proclaims its Earth Day 2021 occasion with Virtual Stage and Virtual Festival that features a new immersive, ‘90s-inspired retro online game expertise inviting worldwide attendees to take part in two days of invigorating programming in recognition of essentially the most pivotal yr thus far for local weather motion. Organizers from Fridays for Future, the motion born from Greta Thunberg’s local weather protests, and March for Science NYC will host a Virtual Climate March by way of the animated panorama concluding with a digital rally for calls to motion.
“With every passing day, the urgency for local weather motion grows, and we’re operating out of time,” says John Oppermann, Executive Director for Earth Day Initiative. “This is a pivotal yr for our international group to acknowledge and respect the science of local weather and COVID. We hope that the Earth Day 2021 Virtual Stage and Festival units the tone forward of the Biden Administration’s international local weather summit to be held this coming Earth Day.”
In response to the present international pandemic, the protected and accessible Earth Day occasion is aimed to unify and activate the worldwide group with hard-hitting academic experiences from main local weather activists, environmental specialists, public officers, educators, and celebrities to arrange pressing subsequent steps to reverse the local weather disaster.
A pivot from the annual in-person march, the Earth Day 2021 Virtual Stage and Festival will draw the identical power and pleasure with interactive periods that advocates scientific integrity and environmental justice.
Free to the general public, the digital occasions are a continuation of final yr’s digital occasions and can characteristic the scheduled programming:
- Earth Day 2021 Virtual Stage – Sunday, April 18 from 12 PM to eight PM ET
The occasion will discover what’s subsequent for local weather motion and environmental justice, together with subjects like eco-conscious dwelling, sustainable enterprise, and Twenty first-century community-driven activism. Programming consists of:
- Presentations from a full line-up of audio system together with Elizabeth Warren, Sam Kass, Mona Chalabi, and Kai-Uwe Bergmann of Bjarke Ingels Group.
- A digital tour of a BrightFarms greenhouse, offering hyper-local meals for the group.
- Earth Day 2021 Virtual Festival – Monday, April 19 from 12 PM to 7 PM ET
Taking place in a digital world that nods to ‘90s gaming, the Virtual Festival offers a chance for environmentally-forward organizations and attendees to band collectively to raise the local weather dialog whereas figuring out methods to make a optimistic influence throughout all communities on this crucial yr. Attendees will get pleasure from:
- Direct stay video interplay with occasion exhibitors together with BrightFarms, Misfits Market, Oatly, Ocean Bottle, ASPCA, Fridays For Future, Climate Museum, Harvard Forward, iHeartMedia, and lots of extra.
- Organizers from Fridays for Future and March for Science NYC host Virtual Climate March within the digital world closing with rally for calls of motion.
- A digital artwork gallery expertise that options cartoon variations of precise paintings from an exhibit, and a chance to just about meet with the artists, made attainable by a partnership with EcoArtwork Project and Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
Additional programming bulletins can be made through the weeks and days main as much as the two-day occasion.
In collaboration with Earth Day Initiative, March for Science NYC’s volunteer group advocates science for the widespread good by way of open-access science to guard human and environmental rights and pursuits. The ambitions of each partnering organizations are to empower attendees to remain engaged, knowledgeable, and concerned within the imminence of the present environmental points that influence the worldwide group at giant.
The Virtual Stage and Digital Festival are a continuation of final yr’s conversations about sustainability and local weather change, which included notable audio system akin to Bill Nye, Elizabeth Warren, Al Gore, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
Media launch submitted by Pitchblend.