Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
This time of 12 months is prime time for chapped lips — you already know these dried-out kissers are simply dying to be smothered in moisture. As we see it, you actually have three decisions.
- First, you would simply go away them be (however actually, who actually desires to have white, dry, flaky lips?).
- You might go for a kind of little plastic disposable tubes which might be oh-so-hard to recycle.
- You might create this easy, pure DIY lip balm at house. No ready in line on the retailer or recycling guilt over little plastic tubes required!
DIY Lip Balm
Watch the video for an fast demo of this easy-to-make lip balm.[embedded content]
DIY Lip Balm Ingredients
Only 4 pure elements required. And the peppermint oil is optionally available.
When completed, you’ll pour your completed balm right into a container of your alternative. As you see within the video, we repurposed a small empty tin. A small glass jar or different small, sturdy container works simply as nicely. We suggest repurposing a container you have already got, slightly than buying new, if potential.
TIP: Because the combination is a sizzling liquid once you pour it into the container, make sure your container can accommodate the warmth and received’t leak the liquid earlier than it hardens.
DIY Lip Balm Instructions
The directions are so simple as the ingredient checklist.
- Place the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil right into a glass bowl and warmth within the microwave for 2-3 minutes (on excessive). Pause the heating each 30 seconds to provide it a fast stir.
- Add 15-20 drops of peppermint important oil (if desired) to the combination and stir.
- Pour (fastidiously) the combination into your container of alternative.
- Let sit for 1 hour to chill and congeal.
Pucker up Earthlings! No longer will your lips cry out for TLC. And the most effective half: You know precisely what you’re placing in your lips.
Also, don’t overlook to take a look at all of our different DIY ideas geared toward decreasing waste and growing financial savings.
This article was initially revealed on January 19, 2016.