Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
After the plates are cleared right this moment, we guess you’ll have at the least one factor left over: turkey. It’s fairly robust to estimate precisely how a lot turkey company will devour at Thanksgiving dinner and discover a chicken that’s simply the fitting dimension. Since selection is the spice of life, listed below are 11 solutions to the query, what can I do with leftover turkey?
1. Freeze it. You won’t be able to eat all of the turkey now, however how about in a month? You can freeze turkey for up to three months — simply separate the meat from the bones first.
2. Make it a Mexican meals night time. After an all-American meal, get some spicey inspiration from south of the border with Turkey Enchiladas.
3. Indulge in tacky goodness. Put the flavors of your Thanksgiving dinner into sandwich type with a Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie. The savory turkey, candy cranberries, and creamy brie make an irresistible mixture.
4. Fall for a fall salad. Start with turkey, add autumn favorites like apples and pecans, and presto — you could have a Leftover Turkey Salad that makes a beautiful lunch.
5. Create a comforting soup. We’re all for innovation and creativity, however typically you may’t prime a basic. This Old Man’s Turkey Noodle Soup is a longtime post-Thanksgiving staple that can please any lover of consolation meals.
6. Whip up a simple breakfast. No, turkey isn’t only for lunch and dinner. When it’s positioned onto a croissant with bacon, ham, and cheese, it turns into a breakfast sandwich that can get your day began proper.
7. Chill with some chili. After you’ve poured your time and power into the massive meal, a easy meal is a factor of pleasure. Enter Creamy White Turkey Chili, a meal that virtually makes itself in your sluggish cooker.
8. Try pad thai. You may come to a degree the place you tire of turkey. The secret’s to trick your palate into considering it’s a brand new ingredient — which is simple to do when you make one thing that’s nothing like Thanksgiving dinner. Try Turkey Pad Thai for a stir-fried dish that provides an entire new twist to turkey.
9. Brighten up brunch. A Waffled Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich seems to be fairly fancy, but it surely’s not onerous to make — and the mixture of candy and savory is crowd-pleasing.
10. Bake a special sort of pie. Move over, pumpkin and pecan. There’s a brand new pie on the town, and it’s savory and scrumptious. The Turkey Pot Pie may make it easier to do away with different leftovers, too, like potatoes and peas.
11. Find a brand new residence on your meals. If you’ve celebrated an abundance of meals this Thanksgiving, you may wish to donate the leftovers to another person.
We are so grateful for our readers this 12 months and yearly. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Earth911!
Originally revealed on November 23, 2017, this text was up to date in November 2021.