Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
If you’re something like the typical individual, a visit to the mailbox yields extra junk than private letters. Each U.S. family receives an estimated 848 pieces of junk mail a 12 months.
Sure, you may ship it straight to the recycling bin, however that feels wasteful, significantly when you think about that a large portion of that mail is rarely even opened. Instead of reflexively tossing the piles of undesirable gives and catalogs, contemplate these recommendations that will help you nix the annoyance of unsolicited mail.
5 Cool Uses for Junk Mail
1. Put a type of return envelopes you obtain to good use by slicing off a nook in a triangular form, then snipping off a tiny portion of the purpose to make a funnel that works nicely for duties like refilling salt and pepper shakers.
2. Follow the lead of Junk Mail Gems and craft a tiny gift bag that may maintain reward playing cards and small presents.
3. Shred your mail into tiny strips, then take it to your office to make use of as packing materials for any packages that want somewhat additional padding.
4. Throwing paper exterior is often littering, however not while you shred it and use it as mulch in your backyard. (Just skip the envelopes with cellophane home windows.) Water it nicely, add a layer of topsoil or conventional mulch to the highest, and voilà — you’ve discovered a use for unsolicited mail that additionally helps maintain weeds at bay.
5. Make paper beads out of the catalog pages you obtain. Spruce Crafts explains find out how to take triangular-shaped strips and switch them into colourful beads, excellent for a fairly necklace or bracelet.
Stop Junk Mail at Its Source
While getting inventive together with your unsolicited mail is an effective way to show a nasty state of affairs good, the very best factor you are able to do is cut back the quantity you get within the first place. Directly contact the businesses which are sending you undesirable mail, or go to CatalogChoice.org to get your identify on a do-not-mail checklist. You’re unlikely to ever utterly get rid of the unsolicited mail you obtain, however getting much less is a step in the precise course.
Originally revealed on May 29, 2018, this text was up to date in December 2021.