Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
Summer is right here, bringing alongside a slew of bugs and bugs. To hold these pests at bay the pure manner, you want look no additional than these easy DIY recipes — for folks, pets, and the house — courtesy of this episode of Earth911TV.
Natural DIY Recipes To Repel Bugs[embedded content]
This article incorporates affiliate hyperlinks that assist fund our Recycling Directory, essentially the most complete in North America. If you buy an merchandise by way of one in all these hyperlinks, we’ll obtain a small fee.
Bug Spray (for People)
- Combine all components, pour into bottles, and shake vigorously to mix.
- Allow the answer to synergize for one hour.
Shake the bottle prior to every use. Apply liberally to pores and skin as wanted.
Flea Collars (for Cats and Dogs)
- 1 teaspoon unflavored vodka
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 drop cedarwood important oil
- 1 drop lemongrass important oil
- Add the vodka and important oils to a really small bowl and stir to mix.
- Lay the collar flat on a baking sheet and pour instantly over the size of the collar till totally absorbed.
- Air-dry till at the least partly dry.
Collars are meant for use as quickly as they’ve dried sufficient to be snug for the pet. Recharge the collar weekly by soaking in recent components.
Pest-Repelling Potpourri (for Home)
This combination is nice for repelling all flying and crawling pests, together with mice. Place within the meals pantry, bed room, closet, dresser, armoires, or alongside the attic, basement, window sill, or basis.
- Combine all components.
- Fill small bowls or muslin sachet bags with the combo.
- Place round the home.
- Recharge containers each couple of weeks by including one other drop or two of the important oils.
- Make a brand new batch each three months to take care of effectiveness.
- Sprinkle the spent herb mix across the edges of landscaping beds.
Originally printed on May 25, 2016, this text was up to date in June 2023.